The race is not possible without the generous support help from volunteers. It will only take a few hours and you will be supporting the mission of Keep Charleston Beautiful. Every Volunteer receives a free race t-shirt!
- Volunteer Sign in: Starts at 6:15. Help sign in volunteers, hand out shirts, and show volunteers to their task coordinator.
- Race Setup: Starts at 6:30. Help set up all aspects of the race. This includes hanging sponsors signs, placing out mile markers, unloading the van, and other tasks on race day.
- Parking: Starts at 6:30. Set up cones, guide runners to parking locations, and prevent cars from parking on the grass.
- Food/Water: Starts at 6:30. Set up the tables for food and water at the finish line. Help fill water cups and make sure water is available to all runners after the race. * Requires lifting and carrying water coolers.
- Hospitality: Starts at 7. Greet runners and guide them to registration. Help sponsors and venders set up tables, guide runners to the start line, and assist other volunteers as needed. Assist at start line.
- Pre-Registration: Starts at 7. Work with runners who have already registered to assign them a race number, give them their T-shirt, and answer questions.
- Day of-Registration: Starts at 7. Assist committee members with day of registrations by handing out bib numbers and shirts as runners register.
- Silent Auction: Starts at 7. Help set up the auction tent and tables, answer questions regarding items up for bid, and help tally winning bids and hand out items.
- Race Course: Starts at 7:15. Stand at designated road intersection and guide runners, ensure no cars are coming, and in general cheer on the runners and walkers.
- Water Table: Starts at 7:15. Set up the table and distribute water to runners/walkers during the race. Also responsible for disposing of all waste generated near their table.
- Lead Biker: Start at 7:15. Bike ahead of the runners and guide them through the course. * Must be able to stay ahead of the fastest runner.
- Finish Line: Starts at 7:45. Volunteers at the finish line will be given day of instruction from the finish line coordinator. Their task is to ensure that every runner’s time is documented accurately.
- Tot-Trot: Starts at 8:45. Guide the young runners to the start line of the 50 yard and ¼ mile trots. They will guide the children through the course and provide encouragement.
- Race Cleanup: Starts at 9:20. Help breakdown all aspects of the race, cleanup any litter, and help load the race van.
- Photographer: Photographers are needed along the race course as well as at the finish line and award ceremony.